Last Revised: January, 2020
Union Digital (“Union Digital”, “us”, “we” and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
What kind of personal information does Union Digital collect?
Except as otherwise described in this Policy, we only collect personal information directly from you; for example, when you use our website or one of our products or services (collectively, our “Platform”), contact us with questions or subscribe to our marketing campaigns. Typically, such information includes your name, email address, postal address and phone number.
How does Union Digital use my information?
When you provide us personal information through one of our subscription based products or services (for example, our Union 1 solution), we collect such information on behalf of our subscribing customer (for example, a union for which you may be a member of) (“PI Collected on behalf of our Customers”) and only use such information for the purpose making the product and service available to the customer and otherwise performing our obligations to, and managing our relationship with, the customer (for example, providing support).
When you provide us personal information outside the context of one of our subscription based products or services (for example, if you visit our website, subscribe to our marketing campaigns or send us a comment or question), we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Respond to questions/comments
- To the extent requested, and subject to our obligations under applicable anti-spam laws, send you marketing materials
- To allow you to use our online technologies
- To provide consistent, personalized services across all channels, including to personalize our advertising, marketing communications, and promotional offers
- As required or permissible under applicable law, including to respond to requests from law enforcement/government authorities and to comply with legal process
How does Union Digital share my personal information?
Except as set out in this policy, Union Digital does not disclose or sell your personal information to any third parties. We may, however, share your information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to provide data storage, assist in marketing, conduct audits, and so forth.
- Customers: With respect to PI Collected on behalf of our Customers, we will share such personal information with the customer on whose behalf we collected such information. For example, if a union subscribes to our Union 1 platform and you utilize such platform as a member of that union, your personal information constitutes the union’s data under our contract with them and we are contractually required to return their data to the union following the expiration or termination of our relationship with them. If you have any questions regarding your union’s policies and practices with respect to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact them directly.
- Legal Requirements: We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request.
- Other: In the event of any acquisition or sale of Union Digital and/or its assets, we may be required to disclose your personal information to a purchasing entity. We may also transfer your personal information in the unlikely event of Union Digital’s insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
What other information does Union Digital collect?
As you use our Platform, we may collect other non-personal information, such as information about how you use our Platform. We use this information to maintain and improve our products, services, and technologies and any other lawful purposes.
If such information constitutes personal information under applicable law, we will treat such information as personal information in accordance with this policy.
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and browser click-through and usage data.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We may use pixel tags to, among other things, track the actions of users of our Platform (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of our Platform and response rates.
- IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access our Platform, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Your IP address may also indicate your approximate physical location. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many apps, applications and other technologies. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels and diagnosing server problems.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses, but if you do deny them, we may not be able to provide you with a personalized user experience.
How do I access, update or correct my personal information?
Depending on the product or service you use, you may be able to access, review, update and correct certain personal information (such as your name and contact information) by signing into your account and editing your personal information in your account profile. If this feature is not available or if you otherwise need assistance with this feature, please contact us by using the contact information provided below.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient online experience. We have in place physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information in our custody and control. Our employees have access to your personal information only on a strict need-to-know basis, and are required to keep such personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Where we use service providers who might have access to your personal information in order to assist us in offering and administering our Platform, we require them to have privacy and security standards that are comparable to ours. We use contracts and other measures with our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to prevent it from being used for any purpose not contemplated in this Policy.
Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. It is important that you create strong a password and that you keep it secret. Do not share your password with anyone, and never share it in response to an email or phone request, even if it appears to be from a trusted company or person.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
Union Digital wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us, so we will only send you promotional communications if you’ve requested them and otherwise in compliance with all applicable anti-spam laws. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as email, direct mail and telephone marketing, you can let us know by contacting our customer service below or you can click on the unsubscribe link below.
What is “phishing”?
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
Retention of Information
We retain your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was provided or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable law. Please note that any PI Collected on behalf of our Customers will be returned to the applicable customer upon termination of our relationship.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
Children are not eligible to use our Platform. Union Digital is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. Union Digital does not and will not knowingly request or collect information online from children under the age of 13.
Where can you get more information?
If you would like to know more about our privacy practices or if you would like to exercise certain rights under this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below:
17 Belfield Road
Canada M9W 1E8